Thursday, June 28, 2012

review of Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (7 1/2 out of 10)


   Finally rented it last nite. I was pretty glad I was able to see it in the comfort of my home, because the subject matter was so difficult to digest and so well acted, there was no way not to be personally affected.
   I watched it with an 8 year old, who kind of understood the emotional tie-ins, but, didn't understand the gravity of the film. There was definitely a Q & A after. Which, I believe is the writers intent. Definitely rare qualities in this one.
   The acting: excellent. I made the mistake of watching Larry Crowne, because I'm a Tom Hanks fan- and I have to say: he redeemed himself on this one. Thomas Horn has body language and ticks and emotional skills way beyond his age. Sandra Bullock as the haggard single mom... whoa. They roughed her up for this. Max Von Sydow delivered without saying a word. This movie is very moving & I was choked up for most of it.  Better to watch with a loved one, and not worry about holding back. It's a ride- and a great reminder of the travesty that hit America on 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for the comment! Good or bad, I wanna' hear it all!
-M@tch